Friday, December 5, 2014

organizing my thoughts and feelings

I had a mix-up feeling during these few weeks. Firstly, I felt sad because I found out that my university is not producing counselor with neutral view on those LGBT minorities. As a helper, we can choose who to help, and we can always refer those client that we can't help to someone who are more capable to help. This is true, but then what I see from my coursemate is that, they were not even ready to had a second perspective about what LGBT is. I tried to help people with LGBT issue before, they were suffering, because they deny their own urge and identity,  because of the social value or religion belief that he or she beholding. Neuroscience proved that a homosexual person show no difference in their impluse pattern in brain with heterosexual person when both were looking at their own stimulation picture. Being who they are is not a choice for them, it comes out spontaneously from their overall cognition and physical reaction. If we assume them to be sick, and is a problem that need to be fixed, with that petspective, how can we help them? I'm not trying to impose my idea or thought to anyone, its just that when it come to this sensitive issues, I really hope that we as a helper can put away the religion cap first, and try to think like a nonbelivers, how to accept the way they are, at the first place, and then only figure out what can we do to help according to the client.

Secondly, I was so happy but at the same time feeling awkward when I went to my biological family gathering. However, the uneasy feeling decreases along the gathering process, especially when all of us shared our life problem and experiences, that help us to understand each other better. I feel strong family support there, and more connected to my youngest elder sister that were also been given out for adoption. In addition, the adoption process was not like what we normally perceived that is.

Thirdly, I often had a feeling of loneliness after I moved to a new place to stay. Plus, less motivation to do all my practicum stuff and project paper. Maybe I need some rest or get to do meditation more to make me focus on the things that I should do. Bless all who read this blog. Thanks for your time.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...